Logo

2005 F50TLR Will Not Start After Changing Water Impeller and Housing

JeffMfishing

Good morning Forum, My F50TLR will not fire after changing the impeller and housing? I was getting overheat alarms when winterizing engine last fall. So I would let it cool down as soon as alarm came on. It took two runs of about five minutes each to get engine fogged and out of fuel for the winter.
When I went to change the impeller, I found a damaged impeller housing as well. Parts of inside had melted. So another delay in ordering the housing. Got it all back together this weekend and it will not start.
I checked spark. No spark on all four plugs. Next checked the coils. Both check fine, primary and secondary, Did a Ohms reading on Pulse coil. Checks good. Did a start check with motor turning over. Had Multimeter on DC Voltage could see it changing but could not get a good reading as I do not have the peak voltage box to get his reading.
It's looking like the ECU not firing. How can I get the ECU codes? Is there a reset for the ECU? I am thinking the no start may have something to do with the earlier Alarm I was seeing.
Looking for help in getting spark back and troubleshooting the ECU. I do not have the test cable so would need to know what pins to check.
hope the forum can help.

Back