Logo

Any OX66 gurus around? Got an idle issue

Thor Outlaw

Any help is appreciated. This is an 01 150 SWS 2 with 70 hours on a remanufactured powerhead. I’ve been through the fuel system multiple times. Can confirm 36psi on the rail- injectors sent out and serviced. New fuel pressure regulator- basket screen and VST filter. 2 new low pressure pumps, fuel check valve cleaned and checked. Fuel tank is 3 years old and I installed all new ethanol resistant hoses.
I believe this to be a ECU or electronic issue. The motor cold idles perfectly. It’s when the motor comes off cold idle it’ll fall past the 700rpm to 400-500 rpm run rough, kind of make a “blurping” sound from the exhaust (while on the hose) and stall. It restarts every time. I’ve sprayed fuel into the throttle bodies while idling poorly-no change. I’ve pulled the plug boots (new plugs btw) There is spark on all holes (spark may be weak?). When boots are pulled off plugs some of the RPM changes are really subtle and some cylinders are more drastic. Compression is 125ish on all cylinders. When the rpms are low I can hear the motor idle properly for a second or 2 randomly and then back to rough again, this happens intermittently. It runs better once warm....Anyone have any ideas?

Back