Logo

Kubota D950 Universal 25XP Governer issues

yammykev

Hello All,
I have a problem with my engine after running it for extended period ,say 3 or 4 hrs. What happens is engine starts and runs fine but when I throttle off to go into neutral the engine stalls. This is not good when in a marina or catching a mooring.What adds to the drama is I cannot restart the engine as starter motor really labours as happens with a discharged battery. Alternator is fine and battery shows 13.4 V ...starts engine from cold just fine. It's as if the injector pump is in the fully shut position and possibly this makes it difficult to turn the engine over. The engine is definitely a D950 Kubota but not a Universal M25 XP. I have one of those in my Catalina 30. I suspect it is either a tractor engine or generator engine that has been marinised. The throttle/governer control is basic compared to Universal . Any thoughts on what I'm experiencing? The engine is otherwise in good conditon.
Thanks
Kevin

Have you managed to resolve this problem? I am looking for a tractor and a lot of people recommended Kubota tractors but I see that you can have a lot of problems with them. Why everyone are suggesting me them?

I experienced something similar with my Kubota B2601 tractor, where the engine would stall unexpectedly and struggle to restart. It turned out to be an issue with the fuel injection system, where it wasn't properly regulating fuel flow. After trying to troubleshoot it myself, I decided to take it to a Kubota official dealer.

The technicians there identified a problem with the governor linkage that was causing irregular fuel delivery, leading to stalling and hard starting. They adjusted the linkage and performed a thorough check to ensure everything else was in order. This resolved the issue, and the engine ran smoothly afterward.

Back