Logo

2006 Yamaha Outboard 25HP (T25TLR) water in oil

Kodi0026

Help, Just bought a used 25hp 2006 4 stroke outboard. Sea trial went OK. Oil was fine a couple of days ago after running in the backyard. Was in the process of tuning the carb Now there is water in the motor oil, looks like creamy mix (coffee and milk). Previous owner only ran this motor in fresh water. Days after sea test run I only ran Motor In the back yard ran in bucket of water with continuous water stream. Since discovering this issue I've since Flushed the oil 3 times still creamy mix. Although the second flush I did not run the motor and the oil was OK indicating water coming in run mode(blown gasket? Cracked head?), but the other times I ran motor about 2 minutes and oil came out the creamy mix. What can I do to troubleshoot or isolate this issue?

What promoted us to look at at the oil was: after a heavy ran the well of the top cowling (the well in which the motor head sits) was full of water. The drain holes were blocked. Have since Cleaned them out. But the oil dip stick plug had been under water for a night. The local mechanic said he's seen this before and that water migrated through the oil dip stick tube. So just flush oil and you should be good. We put oil in 3 times now, after running no change still murky. This is not working. We also rinsed out oil filter too. Is this still the root cause and we're just not drain all water through? or is it just a weird coincidence?

Just to reiterate the one time (second time) we put new oil in, we let it sit for 15 minutes without running the engine, the oil came out fine. There was no water in the mix. It seems on the other drains (1st and 3rd) that when the motor is ran the mix occurs.

Last edited:
Back