Logo

FT25 High Thrust engine tacho connections?

Hi
Just fitted my new engine and unsure how to connrct a tacho. The are free leads from tne remote control Red, Black, Green and Yellow. Strangely when I queried the connections with the Yam dealer I bought the engine from he said "I believe the yellow and green are for the trim and tacho on the old style analogue gauge, I think the yellow is a positive feed for the gauges and the green an alarm" so I am non the wiser.
I am sure there are peeps here who actually know what they are doing. Please advise how to connect to the tacho - engine is 2019.

Need a complete motor model. All Yams are not alike.

Green is the Yamaha wire color for the tachometer signal. Yellow is key on power. Black is ground.

What country are you in? Yamaha USA does not offer an FT25 model.

Thanks Boscoe that seems clear but what is the red wire for from the control box. I am appalled that the main dealer did not know this. I am in the UK, I think the USA equivalent model is the T25. The FT 25 is heavier built than the standard 25hp and is 60lbs heavier and a carb rather than FI, not sure if that is good or bad!

The lights can be wired so that they are on whenever the key is on (blue wire plugged into the yellow wire) or the lights can be wired so that they are turned on via a separate switch.
zls.png

Back