Logo

2000 Yamaha 115HP alarm help

pappastratos

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a 2000 Yamaha 115HP 2 stroke, at the1st of the season I had a overheat alarm while idling thru wake zone. (no smart gauge, just buzzer), I put in new t-stats, waterpump kit, cleaned/checked poppit valve. Has been running fine for weekends with just me & wife.Running about 3500 rpm. This weekend I had 4 more people in the boat. We ran miles without issue. Again about 3500rpm. I was turning the boat around, increased the RPM to about 4k, then the alarm goes off. I used trolling motor to get to a dock, took cowling off, oil fine, oil levels are fine, motor was hot?, but not like when it overheated. Turned key on, no alarm. So we went on our way, keeping RPM below 3000 rpm. We went 10+ miles with no alarm. We were getting back to the launch, I was increasing RPM, 3500, no alarm,soon as a got to 4000 rpm, alarm goes off. Idle speed for 15 seconds to get to a safe spot,Turn key off, 15 seconds wait, key on, no alarm, Fuel restriction or temp?? Has a new fuel/separator filter
[/FONT]Thanks in advance !!

Back