Logo

Installing Gauges on a Bayliner Capri

boatdokker

Regular Contributor
The 1985 Bayliner Capri Cuddy that I bought a while ago did not have the original instrument panel and gauges. After trying to install some other later year Bayliner instrument panels, I finally just had to fabricate an aluminum panel for this boat. What's gonna be the easiest way to machine the aluminum panel for the
replacement gauges? What about just using a good quality jigsaw and metal cutting jigsaw blades?P1010178.JPGP1010176.JPGP1010181.JPG

hole saws come to mind...a set of punches if you have access to a shop....

for finishes, I'd prefer a hardcoat....powder coat would be the next choice and painting would be the last choice...for me anyhow...

P1010188 (2).JPGGot the really important ones done...Tachometer, Speedometer, Volts, and Fuel. Still needs a coat or two of black epoxy paint...and the switches.

P1010269 (2).JPGP1010238 (2).JPG Well, that's what I got done so far with respect to instument panel and controls. The motor is an electric shift 50 h.p. Evinrude and I was able to find a "Selectric" control unit for it. The lower panel is just mild steel sheet metal with a few toggle switches... that's gonna control the choke circuits, the starter, the ignition circuit and the shut off for the magneto. Pretty basic setup. The dash panel is 1/8' aluminum sheet metal with fuel, voltmeter, tach, and speedometer already installed. Still gotta hook up the T-188 helm and splashwell anchor for the '72 50 h.p. Evinrude. P1010267.JPG

Last edited:
Back