Logo

Etec emm?

tboltmike

Regular Contributor
What do I need to know about EMM replacement?

E130DSLSE 60 hrs.

Had the boat out, ran it about 8 miles with 3 stops. All ran fine, as usual, no alarms. When started to head to ramp. Engine fired up and ran for 10 sec and died. No restart, starter would not turn. Checked all switches and connections. Got home and tried again..nothing. Jumped the solenoid and starter engages and turns but no fire.

Took to dealer but shop time got cut short due to hurricane threat. He hadn't finished diagnosis, but EMM failure is prime suspect.

What are options if it is EMM problem, i.e. new unit, refirb, send to repair shop? I noticed on this site that EMM is not available. He indicated a $1400 repair if EMM.

Thanks, Mike

Sorry for this in advance. Take the ETEC off and get something else..... You would be better off with a Suzuki OB than an ETEC. The company literally closed its doors this year. Parts will become NLA faster than you can blink.

Was at an E-tec dealer the other day.------Saw a nice 115 HP Mercury 4 stroke on a pallet.---Asked if he was now selling Mercury motors.-----Fact.----This very new looking Mercury blew up and he installed a new E-tec.

Was at an E-tec dealer the other day.------Saw a nice 115 HP Mercury 4 stroke on a pallet.---Asked if he was now selling Mercury motors.-----Fact.----This very new looking Mercury blew up and he installed a new E-tec.

Sometimes S*** happens.

No worries. Bombardier signed a contract with Mercury to power their boat lines.......

Back