Logo

Sea pump

branch92

I need help! My raw water pump has taken a crap it is a Sherwood G9901 and these babies are expensive! I’m curious if if the VP pump 3858847 is a direct interchange with my Sherwood pump. Picture of Sherwood pump first and then the pump I want to use is second.... i do not know what engine i have as i can not find any tags on it engine was pulled at one point and repainted so im guessing tags were removed... all i know is its a 1996 5.7l chevy based engine

b47de7d3-af98-4c0f-b9f8-1f1cacb33005

Last edited:
Do you have enough space in front of the harmonic balancer for a crankshaft pump?
If so:
....No more shaft bearing side load from belt tension.
....No more difficult and time consuming impeller access.

Example only

21-25229-ProductImage.jpeg

I’m sure I have enough room for that crank pump but the pulley pump doesn’t bother me much other than the price to replace the entire unit.

i ended up ordering the pump that is in my second picture and got it installed last night and it lined up perfect with everything and works flawlessly!

I’m sure I have enough room for that crank pump but the pulley pump doesn’t bother me much other than the price to replace the entire unit.

i ended up ordering the pump that is in my second picture and got it installed last night and it lined up perfect with everything and works flawlessly!

Well..... it's a matter of owner choice. That pump should work well for years to come.

For me, I want easy impeller access, extended pump life (due to no side load from belt tension) and one less belt to maintain.
But that's just me!

Back