Logo

Minn Kota Endura 30 Random vibration problem.

Uberdawg

Hi all!
I recently purchased a Minn Kota Endura 30 and have successfully used it several times, with no issues. Our last trip didn't go so well though. After getting caught up in some weeds, I noticed smoke coming out of the head and immediately turned the motor off. Long story short, we had to replace the switch. However, we now get a random vibration that violently shakes whole unit. The prop has some minor nicks, but nothing major. I have pulled the prop off and inspected the shift, and it is not bent. The shear pin has a small divot in it as if it arc'd out, (probably the cause for the bad switch) but it is not bent. I then pulled the motor apart and it had obvious signs of an electrical problem, ie black soot, strong smell. I cleaned it up and reassembled it and it purrs like a kitten, except for it randomly seeming to have lost it's balance. The bearing seemed fine when I had it apart and there is no play in the shaft.
Has anyone experienced anything like this before, and if so, what could the cause have been?
My apologies for the long read, but I tried to include as much info as possible...
Regards,
Uber

Back