Logo

idle mixture screw adjustment on a 175 hp evinrude

Jerry T

I just finished the rebuild on all six carbs on a 175 hp evinrude. It seems to run pretty good but I was reading the manual and it says to srtart at 4 turns . Then wait for it to warm up and adjust until you get the best idle...It dont seem to change much do any of you pros have a didfferent way to adjust the idle screw jet

Model # is ?----Book says 5 turns for 175 HP models for 1997.
Your correct I was off ...I reset all the carbs to 5 and it made a world of difference...I don't know how but I could have swore I read for that engine 4,,,Thanks for the help..I really like this forum ...I'm new here and have had very good help twice now

This is a initial setting and motor cannot be adjusted properly on muffs. Manual tells you that engine has to be in water,in gear,untied ,level and warm to adjust.

yes I read that also but I have a a problem understanding exactly what your doing and how. So if I get someone to run the boat, I'm suppose to try and adjust the carbs by turning them 1/8 in at a time while its going 35 miles an hour + through the water . Is this going to change the engine by adjusting one carb? What am I missing here?

Back