Logo

Bf150 flush port - will this work?

TritonFisher

Contributing Member
BBBF4616-C588-4F9C-8A7A-44AE5894C8A0.jpeg6AF3FE82-68B0-4D32-BFAB-41BED2E1A0FD.jpegC3997533-7365-4E55-B4F7-130DAE0236AF.jpegWhen I purchased this boat three years ago, the flush port was blocked and needed to be removed/cleaned/reinstalled. Fast forward to this season, and I noticed a small leak at the junction. So, go to remove the bolt and off goes the head. Add in left hand drill bits increasing in size then go to do an ez out. As it starts to remove, the ez out snaps. I know not good.

To salvage the rest of this season and deal with that this winter, I added a barb adapter and cap. To flush, I will swap the cap with a brass hose fitting (not ideal, but I can still flush).

I added a picture to show the quick fix. Any thoughts??

Personally I hate those flush ports simply because they are useless in a saltwater environment simply because it's a cold flush and the thermostats remain closed. I have seen so many overheat issues as a result of this method of flushing. There is nothing as good a flushing muffs with a running engine to do a thorough clean out after each use.

I totally agree—the setup for the port and only flushing part of the motor makes no sense. Has anyone ever hacked a valve and an attachment somewhere else in the system for a better flush?

I typically use the port when I’m in situations where I get home late at night. Otherwise, I bungee the muffs right. Next year I will have a barrel for flushing.

Back