Logo

Holly 2 barrel carb.

Hahnracing

1986 bayliner Capri. 3.0 omc motor. Got everything worked out at the beginning of summer. Basically cruised around the lake at 3000 to 3500 rpms. The other day the lake was nice and decided to bump it up. Started running funny until I got off of it alittle. Later on it stalled but restarted. Check fuel level, put in new plugs and new wire kit. Found one plug that was over gapped to .045. Took it out again. Ran awesome around 4500 rpms. Cruised for about 45 minutes. Came back into the harbor. Motored around at about 1500 rpms for about 10 minutes. Drifted for about 10 minutes at idle. What to go back on. Throttled up and pop...stalled. everything is new on this motor. Good compression. Hei conversion. People have been telling me to get rid of the Rochester 2 jet carb. Any many of you believe this might be the problem? And which holly would be the correct one to switch over to?
Thanks

I know this is a little old but if you are still looking for an answer- no need to ditch the Rochester, sounds like you need to clean and rebuild it and veryify no contaminants are in your fuel. The pop and stall on acceleration is lack of fuel from clogged passages in the carb or non functional accelrator pump. In additon to this carb work make sure your ignition components are in good condition or replace.

Back