Logo

2014 Sailpro shifting problem

jd11265

All of a sudden it has become very difficult to move the shift left in either direction. If I apply a reasonable strong force it will move, albeit begrudgingly. I took the hood off and it appears that the linkage that is visible is working. What should I be looking at / be concerned about?

You didn't mention model. Year is irrelevant.
I would check to see whether the linkage is sluggish, or if the cam rod is recalcitrant. That will let you know whether you have a linkage lube issue or something inside the LU that is causing the grief. Likely need to lube a part in the linkage.

All of a sudden it has become very difficult to move the shift left in either direction. If I apply a reasonable strong force it will move, albeit begrudgingly. I took the hood off and it appears that the linkage that is visible is working. What should I be looking at / be concerned about?
I’ll check it out and let you know the result. Thank you

I’ll check it out and let you know the result. Thank you
. Seal located by the prop was damaged by fishing line; gear case was full of water. Shop (reputable) says that the lower unit is "junk", "rusted", would like $800 to fix. Is that price in the ballpark? I tried looking at your parts site but couldn't find the price for a complete lower unit.

Sounds about right for a complete lower unit.----Back in the old days I used to advise folks to remove the prop once in a while to inspect for fishing line.-----Amazing how that line will wear out a stainless shaft.

Back