Logo

Best reliable place to buy a rebuilt engine

wellcraft26

Contributing Member
Hi, I have 2 7.4L gm carb engines and I would like to know where is the best reliable place to buy rebuilt engines for a good price. Also, the rated hp is 330hp i believe and I see there is another 7.4l HO with
385 hp and was wondering if i can swap all the part from my current set up to the bigger engine. My engines have Holly carbs and I'll be replacing the risers and manifolds so I could get the appropriate set as i know there is a difference i believe.

Thanks in advance.

I've reengined two boats.... I've looked at every variant of short/long/rebuilt...etc...considering price and the warranty issue and the labor costs of swapping (old) parts.... in the end, both times, I bought brand new factory crate engines... the only DIY (the first time) and mechanic (the second time) was an aftermarket FWC kit.

Advanced Marine Engine out of Casper Wyoming. 2 year warranty, no core and good price. Had engine in Ohio in about 3-4 days...no kidding. Boat mechanic buddy has been using them for 5 years and said out of about 30-40 engines he had one issue with a Ford 302 head they made right...quickly. Just did a 7.4 Vortex in my Pursuit Denali 2460.

Back