Logo

BF20 honda and remote control help Please

I got a 2003 20 horse honda BAMJ 1101526 and a 24800-ZW9-A02 remote control. I need help with the install there's 2 square plugs a 6 wire and a 4 wire were do they go on the motor or is there another component i need. l got a shop manual come but not shore it going to have the information I need

Firstly, is your motor suited remote or are you trying to convert a tiller to remote, if so the engine harness is incorrect. If you have the right motor for remote, then the plugs are subtle front of the motor on the port side of the rectifier

All right can it be done. I've looked at the BFP 20 and I see the wiring harness is very close to the BF 20's is it possible to swope harness. And thank you this is more help than I've gotten on this issue 20200811_153745.jpg20200811_153819.jpg

The boats.net Honda parts guide shows your frame number range as being a 2004. Not that it really matters.

What does matter is that Ian is right. This isn't an impossible refit but it's likely not going to be very cost effective.

For example, your tiller steer has a manual choke carb while the remote setup requires an SE (Start Enrichment) type carb.

If your outboard doesn't have power trim, that alone would break MY bank but I wouldn't want to be without it.

These 20's are very prolific and popular. Have you considered selling your tiller model to finance the purchase of a remote model? I would.

Just sayin'.

Good luck.

Back