Logo

Tohatsu MD90A replacement hoses (air rail etc.)

stim

Today one of the small hoses (the one from the air rail to the fuel regulator) on my air rail split and prevented me from starting the engine. I had only just stripped most of the fuel and air rail system to diagnose a starting issue (turning over but not firing - had to replace all of the air injectors) but didn't notice the hoses were too bad. Anyway, now I would like to replace all of the rubber hoses and the clips that hold them on. Even after cutting off the split section of hose and reinstalling it, I could still feel air jetting out where the hose fitted onto the fitting on the air rail so the small wire clip was not making a good seal.

Can I replace these hoses with any length of fuel hose of the correct dimensions or must I get the proper Tohatsu spare parts? Any suggestions as to what clips I can use instead of the basic wire ones I have now? When I started the engine, I could see the hose slip on the regulator fitting under the pressure. I could eliminate the air loss by adding a ziptie but I don't trust this as a long term solution. Are all the fuel/air hoses under similar pressure?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Back