Logo

2008 Bf90 honda rough running

Briggsman

Have a 2008 90 fuel injected that started running rough changed all fuel lines and running on new tank now runs rough at idle up until about 4200 rpm from 4200 to 6000 rpms it runs perfect any ideas what is causing this

Not being all that familiar with injected Honda's, I was thinking injector until you said it was fine at higher rpm. Now wondering if it's running way rich or way lean at lower rpms due to one of the sensors feeding the ECU bad info? Not sure which would be the more likely culprit. Error messages/beep codes?

Have compression have spark does anyone know what the readings should be at the plug on the injectors the bottom cylinder is not fireing not sure if the injector is bad or the wireing

Use a noid light to check pulse at injector plug. Have you replaced the spark plugs? I've known many to over think and find it was just a faulty spark plug?

Another way to test injector pulse is with the engine idling, listen to the injector with a stethoscope or screw driver for clicking. The fact that you say it runs fine at high revs tells me the injectors are fine.

Found out it was an injector that was plugged for some reason it worked above 4200 rpm no one had one had to make a make shift injector cleaner.. Flushed it ouy several times and put it back in and is running fine right now

Back