Logo

Df70 troubles, I need some help.

Ews0920

Hard starting df70 in limp mode. Makes 3000 rpm in gear and hits a rev limiter. No alarms
Good water, 38psi clean fuel at rail, good compression, 50 psi oil pressure.

I have a spare df70 which is leaking a bit of oil and proceded to swap over every sensor besides crank and cam sensors which are good because the engine runs smoothly until the limp rev limiter.

Swapped coil packs, ECU, fuel rail and injectors. I'm at a loss here. Still hard start and rev limiter. Takes a shot of ether to get it to fire. I've got spark, correct ignition timing and some fuel from the injectors though it looks pretty lean. I dont think the ecu is calling for enough fuel while cranking for some reason. Of course it does this with both ecu's and both fuel rails. Again I have 38psi at the rail, I'm running off a Jerry can of clean gas bought yesterday.

Batteries are good, 13v to starter, grounds are clean, new voltage regulator, fresh plugs. I don't know what I'm missing

I'm a yanmar marine diesel mechanic so I'm not clueless
Anybody have any ideas, I'm about ready to throw the thing overboard.

Look on the MOTOR and the shift linkages on the MOTOR.-----See if there is a sticky NEUTRAL switch.-----Tells the ECU that motor is in neutral and it will not rev up when actually it is in gear !

Back