Logo

1990 evinrude 120 water control valve delete

kherby1

Does anyone know exactly which parts are required off which year and model evinrude to replace what is needed to delete water control valve ?
do the covers , and stats need to be replaced with different ones along with the springs and diaphragm's ?
I've read several post and each gives different motors and years with the parts that will work
Maybe , they all will , Ha !!
Just trying to get a little more confidence on which motor parts to get for replacing
Any help would be great
Thanks to all

1989 and up 3 cylinder motors..need t-stat cover,gasket,spring,t-stat,cup and seat...covers are hard to find now

When did they build a 3 cylinder 120 hp??

faztbullet is saying that you need the thermostat and components he mentioned for a 3 cylinder motor, install them on the 120 hp Evinrude, and then eliminate the control valve.
The things we have to do.
Some bean counter decided "Let's stop making these" and now everybody with those engines affected get to scramble.
We then adapt and overcome - playing engineer - and make the engine as it should have been in the first place ;)

Fazt----Is merely stating that parts for this conversion are found on the 3 cylinder motors.----Similar parts for the thermostat cover on those.-----Last I looked Faztbullet is not being paid by the letter and is leading folks to look for the solutions.-----Many outboard motors in Canada are not used that much.-----I do get occasions phone calls from folks up to 2000 miles away looking for NLA parts.-------One of the issues is plastic parts that simply break with age.----And somehow folks are expecting spare parts for 40 year old motors at bargain prices. ----Most folks have no idea on the cost of producing say 10 plastic moldings for a 40 year old motor.----Or the cost of parts warehousing / retrieval / shipping ETC, ETC.

Last edited:
speaking of obsolete parts
Is there a adaptation that a guy could do on the 1990 4 cylinder motor to get around the spark advance adjust when the plastic handle/ knob is broken
Now , that part is definitely missing from planet earth

Hi All new here i have a great running Evinrude V4 120 VE120TXESB it started to run bad at idle last week and has water coming out of the Water Control Valve where can I find a replacement or what options do i have? Crappie are biting and I need this running. :)

PS will this leaking Water Control Valve cause the engine to run rough at Idle?

Last edited:
Back