Logo

2008 75 wont start

jiujitsu77

My 2008 etec 75 will not start. we went fishing saturday and towards the end of the fishing trip we had trouble starting it. when we got home we flushed the motor. it ran for a bit and then died. i cant get it started again. we used starting fluid and it fired right up so this tells me the motor is not getting fuel. i went to a evinrude certified mech and he told me it could be the fuel pump/vapor seperator or clogged injector. i am new to boats but i cant see all 3 injectors clogging at the same time. the motor has about 360 hours on it. has anyone else had this problem? any information will be greatly appreciated.

Fuel starvation. Pump can't provide enough pressure. Maybe got some contaminated fuel. Make sure she NEVER EVER gets any ethanol......this is poison. Here in MN, we are ethanol mandated.......I preach and preach.....slowly folks are coming around to real petrol. I swear......honestly I say to you, that 50 percent of my repairs are fuel contamination and degradation due to ethanol. The rest is idiot mechanics, owner neglect, and poor engineering.

Last edited:
Your ETec will start and idle on lift pump pressure,or by squeezing primer bulb.
Are you sure your fuel is good?
It will do this with or without ethanol

Back