Logo

Yamaha 2 stroke 60 fuel issue????

JWalsh81

I have a 2 stroke yamaha 60 P60TLHV just got in on the water today. Fires right up and idles. I idled out of where I put in which is about 30mins ride to where I can run. Gave it throttle and planed out was running great for a couple hundred yards and bogged down. It was early so I went home replaced fuel pump and new fuel water separator went for another try and got the same results. Can anyone give me some insight of what to check next. Im new to 2 stroke outboards but am very mechanicaly incline.

Since you’re mechanically inclined I recommend getting the model year service manual. Game changer. In the meantime, since you’ve already ruled out the fuel pump I’d next pull the carbs/jets. Ensure jets are clear and floats to spec, reinstall, then time/sync.

If you read my post from today it might help. If a fuel pump goes bad you can overcome the lack of fuel by pumping the primer bulb. If primer bulb helps the fuel pump is bad. I know you already replaced≥. Another thing you can try is to change your red primer lever on #2 carb to "open" position. If it gets better you have a carb issue. Don't run engine full time in that mode, I believe it is just for emergency

Back