Logo

402 lower unit

M-Sea

[FONT=&quot]I am starting to get stuff ready for a winter project. I want to make a short shaft Merc 700 (3 cylinder) by using a tower from a 1972 402 and a power head from a 1979 700, so my first question is will this work. The foot on the 402 Is damage so it will have to be replaced, will the 402 driveshaft fit in a 1973 Merc 650 (3 cyl.) lower unit? I Have checked part numbers and they are different. [/FONT]

I thinks it will not work.-----Start by checking / comparing the gaskets between powerhead and exhaust housing on these 2 different motors.

I have a 65 hp (three cylinder) long shaft LU for sale--only $100 and it's in good shape with a new impeller. The long and short shafts interchange, and so do the shifte shafts (that can be splined or squrare).

Interested?

Jeff

PS: I'm in Maryland

I have a 65 hp (three cylinder) long shaft LU for sale--only $100 and it's in good shape with a new impeller. The long and short shafts interchange, and so do the shifte shafts (that can be splined or squrare).

Interested?

Jeff

PS: I'm in Maryland
Thanks Jeff
I have a long shaft 650 that’s has a good lower unit and I would like to use the short drive shaft from the 402. So my question is will the short 402 driveshaft work in 650 lower unit. I think it should.
Thanks Mike

Back