Logo

Adding an extra fuel filter to Mercruiser 3.0

Jazzy1952

I was thinking of adding a fuel water/filter to help me prevent future fuel contamination issues (in addition to doing everything else)

I was looking at this item. Racor SNAPP One-Piece Snap-In Replacement Filter Assembly w/ Drain - 10 Micron. Do you have any testimonials from folks who added it to their Mercruiser 3.o setup? My boat has a standard under fuel pump filter and another right before the carb. I was thinking on adding your filter somewhere in between. Can you direct me towards some answers on this topic?

An all meter fuel/ water separator is legal for an inboard boat, but it can not have a petcock n the bottom.

If you locate it before your fuel pump, make sure its at least 25 mm (coarse) rather than 10 micron (or you can starve the pump).

Jeff

PS: I'm assuming this is a carb setup.

An all meter fuel/ water separator is legal for an inboard boat, but it can not have a petcock n the bottom.

If you locate it before your fuel pump, make sure its at least 25 mm (coarse) rather than 10 micron (or you can starve the pump).

Jeff

PS: I'm assuming this is a carb setup.

It is a carb set up. My apologies for a rookie question...When you say legal, what regs are you referring to?

So, it is crazy idea to add another filter? What else can I do (in addition to using clean gas and preventive maintenance) to be proactive in preventing crap from getting into the fuel lines and carb?

iu

Questions? Contact Technical Support:800 344 3286 or 209 521 7860 ext. 7555e-mail: [email protected]B9Marine Fuel FiltrationBOEM Gasoline SeriesOEM Gasoline SeriesNow, owners of inboard or outboard engines can get smoother operation and longer life - all in one easy spin onto their existing engine filter heads� There’s a choice of rugged, reusable clear bowl with a self-venting drain or a metal bowl with drain plug for inboard applications� Metal bowls are UL-listed and USCG accepted, clear bowls are for outboard applications only� These filters also feature high capacity Aquabloc®II elements that remove 99% of free water, and sediment down to 10 micron�These OEM Spin-On gasoline filters were designed to fit most Quicksilver, MerCruiser and OMC applications� See Specification chart on next page for more information�•Inboardgasolineenginesmustuse filters equipped with metal bowls (MAM models).•Outboardgasolineenginesuseeither clear or metal bo

It is a carb set up. My apologies for a rookie question...When you say legal, what regs are you referring to?

So, it is crazy idea to add another filter? What else can I do (in addition to using clean gas and preventive maintenance) to be proactive in preventing crap from getting into the fuel lines and carb?

Re: legal... US Coast Guard regs which you are also a required to meet by every boat insurer. In this particular case, petcocks can be disturbed accidentally and leak gas into bilge as well as petcocks can leak.... BOOM prevention.

Back