Logo

2007 Honda BF 20 tilt trim switch?

It's not very clear in your attachment but I THINK you've circled or boxed the tiller handle switch:"breakout" portion of the harness. This is where the tiller tilt/trim would plug in if the outboard were a tiller steer unit. I mentioned it in an earlier reply.

If you can find those three wires you could use them to see if the trim will power up from there.

Don't get too hung up on that though as they could be taped up in the harness and might be difficult to find. I don't know because I have never actually looked for them myself.

But, if you could locate them and use them to operate the trim, that would indicate that the problem is going to be somewhere in the remote control harness.

I love the way you're fighting your way through this even though I know it's probably frustrating for you right now.

BEST UPDATE YET

Thanks all for your help. The Lord and my ego took a huge beating over the last several days but it’s fixed now. Problem was a corroded connector that I missed, tucked away under the steering column. One thing that complicated this is the assembler or prior owner ran the wrong color cables up the gear selector and into the rocker switch, but I’ve noted the correct ones in the repair manual for future reference. Now, if anyone can tell me how to catch walleyes I’ll be all set...

Ha ha ha....Wonderful!

Tenaciousness is a great attribute! And...it would seem that you have more than most!

I can't help you with catching walleye but, just like my largemouth efforts, that never-give-up attitude will GETCHYA SOME!

Congratulations and go have fun!

Haha well much as I’ve tried to prepare for the real end of the world — covid is just preseason — I’m still glad that stores
sell fish and beer. Once again, many thanks to you and others for the great guidance.

Back