Logo

2012 200Ho Etec OVERHEATING!

Tbay_meyers

Good Morning Fam! Guys I was having overheating issues whenever I would go anywhere close to 1k rmps. And even when I’d go close to WOT. But if i cruised around at middle range Rpms i was fine..

So i ended up replacing the thermostats and the water pump.
On removal of starboard therm I noticed when I pulled it out the small metal disc on the bottom was missing like it rusted off. Not sure if that’s what’s causing my issues or not. Also i replaced the Whole water pump.

Now Even in neutral it’s sitting at 180°, when I idle it wants to over heat, if i go to 1k rpm it starts to drop. Anything more than that it wants to overheat now... I can’t even cruise around at mid range like before. Soon as I’m up on plane it start to get up to 185° and starts throwing an overheating alarm.
Wonder if i should replace the Water pressure release valve? Not sure what to do now.

Get a cheap Infrared temp gun from harbor freight and see if one bank is hotter than the other, if it's the same side as the missing disk was on then I'd worry about looking for it.

Are you original owner or just purchased motor? Did it just suddenly start this problem? Did you reinstall t-stats properly with seal and spring? It sounds like the relief valve has a problem ..

What is the condition of the overboard indicator, the pisser? The cooling system needs a certain amount of back pressure that is created by the pisser.

Are you original owner or just purchased motor? Did it just suddenly start this problem? Did you reinstall t-stats properly with seal and spring? It sounds like the relief valve has a problem ..

I’ve had the boat for 3 years. Boat has ran fine the whole time. Motor came on the boat. Yes the problem started after i replaced the thermostats and water pump. All the Tstats are seated properly with the springs facing up. And i removed the relief valve yesterday and it was fine. Cleaned out the rubber boot some. But the spring was perfectly fine.

What is the condition of the overboard indicator, the pisser? The cooling system needs a certain amount of back pressure that is created by the pisser.

i noticed she is pissing super super hot. Hotter than she’s ever pissed before. Usually it’s like lukewarm. After i changed those parts now it’s super super hot.

Remove thermostat at#1cylinder,leave cover off,start motor,water should be gushing out. If not ,start at intakes and work up.

Back