Logo

Marine chrysler 360 , with 318 head and intake ???

vice

Hi ,

I have few question about my chrysler 360 that i recently bought...actualy i bought two of them , Std and reverse rotation. Both engine was sitting in some garage for 10 years , but they spining normaly.
I decide to take a part one of them and found something that i did not expected ... first of all i tougth that 360 engine has a intake manifold with bigger inatke ports and exhaust ( but it is same like one I have on 318 ) . Casting number of intake is 2846707.

Second thing are cylinder heads ... they are also same like heads I have on 318 . Small port , open combastion chamber , and small valevs .intake 1.78 and exh 1.5. Is that normall ? Or someone chaged heads ?
Cilinder head casting number 3769973.

Block casting number is 4006830-360-10.
What is the power of that engine ? I has 4 bbl afb carb.
I have brand new comp cam xe268e cam , will I get some power by installing that cam ?

Certain engines in the marine world were a different animal...
A 360 4 brl inboard was rated at 250hp.... using the same heads as the 318 for better torque so your casting number is accurate...
In fact someone once mentioned on here his 360 had 273 heads but if he was only going by valve size, it's hard to say since there the same.
The intake casting number also indicates marine application...

A 360 I/O was more of the automotive variety design with standard heads 1.88/1.60 and cam for speed were rated at 265....

Jack...

IDK....Comp could tell you...
The boat there going into is going to determine what you need...
Inboard engines were designed to into go in large boats and need the low end.
A 19ft run about you can get away with less and have more top end but then you
might want the other heads to take advantage of it...

I forgot to mention that i also own heads for 318 will small combastion chamber.
My plan is increasing the power by putting that heads and comp cam.
What is compression now with original heads ?

Back