Logo

Hi guys I could use a little help. Please.

Liljon140

I recently purchased a small 1720 KeyWest with an older Nissan 90hp on the back. It ran great when I did a sea trial on it before purchase 3 weeks ago but yesterday and today I am having an issue at 3/4 to WOT where the motor runs great for a few mins and then sputters and dies. It seems like a fuel issue so I hooked up extern tank with new non ethanol gas and had the same results. The engine also has the lean sneeze when at high idle.

Today I tore into the M90A carbs they were not extreamly dirty bjt surely benifited from a good clean out. I ordered a new fuel pump and a new coil for one that looked suspect but still had spark. I also fount the fuel line onnthw out side of the fuel puml had a fairly tight bend radius but it wasent blocking fuel but it had to have some restriction.

I have also replaced all the spark plugs as well when I purchased the boat and did the impeller and foot oil. So is there anything else I can check while I am waiting on parts?

Of course full repair info is in your Factory service manual. You can use a cheap IR thermometer to check whether you are running around 150F.

Back