Logo

Starboard 225 engine consuming double and irregular revs

Seanarrigo

Hi. I’m having trouble with my 2006 starboard BF225 consuming almost double the port engine.
something to with high pressure?
checker for hoses etc all intact and in place.
Cleaned injectors.
revs are not stable either.
help determining the problem would be greatly appreciated.

This Is caused by the O2 sensor , check your fuel pressure is within spec, check spark plugs and compression, ensure thermostats are in good order and working correctly. If everything checks out, replace the O2 sensor, they can malfunction without setting a fault code.

Thank you. According to my mechanic who plugged in diagnostics said that there is irregular high fuel pressure.
He told me its probably the fuel pressure regulator and found this part.
[h=1]Honda 16740-ZY3-A01 Regulator Pressure[/h]should i change the O2 sensor first anyway? I have a spare in hand.
Thanks
S

((No, irregular fuel pressure will do it, fix that and run it. Be sure to clean the screen under the regulator too))

Not sure I understand. So start by changing the Pressure Regulator? is there any other sensor that might need replacing?

Cheers

S

I mean the O2 sensor is probably just doing it's job trying to correct the fuel mixture but the fluctuating fuel pressure would prevent it from stabilizing
. Replace the regulator, when you remove it you will find a small filter recessed into the fuel rail, make sure this is clean because if blocked, it too can cause high pressure.Once fuel pressure has been corrected, if surging persists, then replace the O2 sensor

Back