Logo

Honda 150 cranks but no start

Tahoe_on44s

Bought the motor less than a month ago it was running at the time but low compression on 1 cylinder due to bad head gasket. Replaced head gasket installed motor on my boat plugged in all the electronics it will crank has good compression on all 4 now and is getting fuel, but has no spark at any of the coils. Checked all the fuses. Some of the grounds were lightly coroded so I cut them back to clean wire and installed new terminals on them and cleaned the ground post. I dont know where else to look for an issue any help would be appreciated.

Have you checked the emergency stop switch, is the lanyard connected? These ECU's don't like low voltage, if your voltage drops below 9 volts whilst cranking it will not start. Have you kept the smaller positive cable that runs from the battery along side the main positive cable, if not, you need it, this engine needs the individual lead to power up the engine electronics, there will be issues such as this if connected direct to the stud on the starter motor. Also inspect all your fuses as well as the main relay.

Back