Logo

Mercruiser Alpha One Gen 2 trim adjustment

Bigdrago

Hi.
I need to adjust my trim sender to match the gauge and the trim limit. What should be the upper limit? I have read 20 3/4" and 21 3/4". Alpha One Gen 2 on a 2006 boat with mercruiser 1.7 DTI engine.

This is where having the factory manuals will save you lots of time...

the trim sender unit adjustment says put the drive all the way down and then adjust the sender's position to get the gauge to indicate fulll down position and then tighten up the retaining screws.

the trim limit adjustment calls for the drive to stop when the cylinder has extended such that the mounting eye center-center distance is 20 3/4". there is also an set of index marks on the trim limit switch that need to be aligned when the switch is installed...if you can't make the adjustment, put the drive down, remove the switch and see if the marks are lined up...

Last edited:
Yes can be done if you're standing in the shallow water, but be sure you can see the bottom if you drop the screwdriver.

The sender is so damn sensitive. When adjusting the puck 1mm it goes from full down to full up.

Opened up the puck and cleaned it. It was too much grease in there.
Anyway. Does this seem right? Pictures showing all way down and all way up to limit (trim limit 52mm alpa one gen 2).

puck1.jpgpuck2.jpg

Back