Logo

Yamaha f150 VST gas dirty but no where else

Surfjones3

My VST was done in the spring before putting the boat in the water, everything was going well for a few trips then the boat began running rough-sputtering stalling out then finally got to the point where it was cranking but not starting. I found that there was no pressure on the fuel rail at key on and by process of elimination figured the high pressure pump in the VST was dead. When I got into the tank again I found the gas had this black gummy substance in it. Not wanting to destroy another $400 pump I checked every point from the tank to the VST and found the gas was spotless. I can’t figure out where this came from and am not really sure how to proceed bc I’m worried this might happen again. Has anyone ever seen this before, If the pump was possibly run dry could it be from the pump? In the picture the gas in my fuel water separator is clean so I’m thinking the fuel lines are good Any advice on how to proceed.
DACAE4D1-3A59-4B53-BC48-617DF738AD9B.jpegD8EB4227-F6FA-4399-A400-C341B5F551A4.jpeg

Back