Logo

power steering

kunbarrie

Contributing Member
greased the nipple on the steering actuator,left it for a week,when i started engine, steering wheel spun right lock by itself,now steering hard to turn either way,can to much grease cause hydraulic valve to stick or get stuck?

greased the nipple on the steering actuator, left it for a week. When i started engine, steering wheel spun right lock by itself.
Now steering hard to turn either way. Can too much grease cause hydraulic valve to stick or get stuck?

You have what's referred to as Power Assist steering.
The valve is a Slave Valve.
Something is apparently holding the slave valve open in the Port assist direction.
As for too much grease causing this........ I've never experienced that, but it may be possible.

With the engine off, try having a helper turn the helm wheel back and forth while you watch the slave valve.
See if you can make it return the center position.

You have what's referred to as Power Assist steering.
The valve is a Slave Valve.
Something is apparently holding the slave valve open in the Port assist direction.
As for too much grease causing this........ I've never experienced that, but it may be possible.

With the engine off, try having a helper turn the helm wheel back and forth while you watch the slave valve.
See if you can make it return the center position.

ok thanks will check that .

Back