Logo

Can you help - Honda BF15 electrical issue

Thomas dk

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my BF15. I can start the engine manually, but the starter doesn't run when the start button is activated.

I found out that their is no current on the wire from the EDU. If is bypass the EDU and connect 12v to the wire comming out of the EDU then all work as it should and the engine start when the start button is activated.(off course only when the gear is in neutral).

Do anyone have a suggest to why there is no "juice" in the white-black wire from the EDU and how to fix it?

Couldnt be the 30 amp fuse? I assume you checked that?

I know that I had checked the fuse once, but I just doublet checked it to be absolutely sure and ……. It was burned. I don’t know when it happened, as I’m sure I checked it when checking all wiring and plugs.
Changed the fuse and the engine is spinning again. '

Thanks a lot for the help. Well spotted. :D

Just keep in mind that the fuse may have blown as the result of an over-current condition. That's why it's in the circuit. This is usually because a powered wire has rubbed through and is contacting ground creating a "short". Although, over current can also be caused by low resistance in circuit components such as the starter itself.

It would be wise to inspect for this type of failure. While you may not easily see anything amiss, if the fuse does blow again you will probably need to properly identify the cause to keep it from blowing over and over again.

Good luck.

Back