Logo

Can someone ID this part?

I agree that it is the tstat housing. My guess is that the adjacent flush valve was leaking causing this to happen.

The flush valve on these is of poor construction and, quite often, will leak. Especially after it's been used to flush the engine. I used to repair them and advise my customers to never use them for flushing if they wanted a leak free engine compartment.

I agree that it is the tstat housing. My guess is that the adjacent flush valve was leaking causing this to happen.

The flush valve on these is of poor construction and, quite often, will leak. Especially after it's been used to flush the engine. I used to repair them and advise my customers to never use them for flushing if they wanted a leak free engine compartment.
Thanks for the Info, yeah I hadn’t even known that was a flush valve, but that makes sense.

The good news is that it's all pretty easy and inexpensive to get "tidied" up and no real damage was done.

Also, this gives you the opportunity to replace the thermostat and internal zinc. Something that, far too often, goes unattended on these GREAT little outboards.

Good luck.

Back