Logo

2007 Honda bf150 low compression on 1 cylinder

Tahoe_on44s

Has low compression on 1 cinder three are at 185 cold and the other is at 115. It was a saltwater motor and i highly doubt it was ever flushed. Oil filter was marked at 150hrs August of 2019 so I belive it to be very low hours. I suspect head gasket because had small amount of water in the oil. Changed oil motor seems to run fine.

This motor is new to me was cheap motor i picked up as a side project in this condition because previous owner thought it was blown and re-powered boat figure I would try and diagnose it and see if i can get it going for cheap.

Need info on how to get the timing chain cover off i have removed all bolts and its loose around all edges but seems held up on so.ething close to the thermostat housing.

Any help or info on what else to look for is greatly appreciated. Really hoping for just a bad head gasket. But can't get past the timing chain cover for now and waitng for my manual to come in

Gues ill just run the ole evinrude till I get er goin good

Thanks

If you are going to pull the head and replace the gasket, suggest you bite the bullet for an overhaul manual. No junk. The Honda manual. At minimum, you're going to need torque values, possibly procedures for torquing the head bolts, plus cam timing info that might be hard to find Going over the manual's step by step how to's invaluable time savers.

Love doing this kind of thing as well. Best of luck!

Thank you both, I had to order the manual it should be in early this week. All the diagrams I found online didn't show a bolt under the thermostats but I thought it was hanging on something. Thank you for the info. Will post updates as I go along

Back