Logo

Honda 90 2006 ESA Standard

Mikkel79

Hi there

My dad has a outboard Honda engine, and on the bag it says "Honda 90 2006 ESA Standard" acording to google its a BF90, but the following letter, I dont know.
Anyway last time we was sailing, it starting buzzing and indicator light for overheating turned on.

We was able to sail back without it starting buzzing, as long as we kept it under 1100 rpm. The cooler system indicator is working, so I guess the water pump is working.

So my thourght is that the thermostat is jammed. Or could there be another fault?

I hope you can say yes or no before I starting picking it apart :-S

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_170651.jpg
    IMG_20200715_170651.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 14
Sorry!
T-stat = thermostat.

Temperature sending unit wiring I'm thinking of in the same area as the thermostat. Where it fastens to the temperature sending unit. If there is a bad connection there (corroded), it could be signalling a problem when there really isn't one.

Sorry!
T-stat = thermostat.

Temperature sending unit wiring I'm thinking of in the same area as the thermostat. Where it fastens to the temperature sending unit. If there is a bad connection there (corroded), it could be signalling a problem when there really isn't one.

Ah. Thanks. I'll check up on that when I open it up.

I have an 07 BF90D and recently had a fuse issue which is still unresolved. When the dealer was looking at it he found the thermostat behind the the brain electronics box (well hidden) was leaking so we replaced that and the impeller. I would recommend both on and engine this old. BTW my engine has two thermostats, go figure.

Back