Logo

Electric issues 02 Nissan 90 tldi

TonyD1011

Hi guys, first post. I’m new to the boat game but have some mechanical background. I just bought this boat and everything seemed to work just fine. Out of nowhere it started blowing the 30amp fuse on the top of the motor. Now every time I hook up the battery that fuse blows. I traced back a bunch of wires and have not found anything frayed or broken. Of course now that I’ve done that I Have found all the pin marks from somebody trying to diag this issue. I’m lost I don’t know where to go next. Any suggestions?

thank you!

Tony

You didn't say, but your model is probably MD90B or B2. Year is irrelevant. Start with the wiring diagram in the Factory service manual. There are 3 fuses in that block. The 30 amp might be for the starter circuit.

My apologies, it is the NSD90a. The fuse that keeps blowing is part of the last harness that goes to the bottom ecu plug. I have yet to tear it apart so I can’t tell where the second wires goes off too. Thanks for the reply

It would help you tremendously if you had the schematic from the Factory service manual. The 30a fuse feeds from the starter solenoid (battery power) to the rectifier/regulator, and then supplies the other 2 fuses. If the rectifier's bad, that could blow the fuse.

Agreed, I’ll have to buy one online. Unfortunately the boat did not come with the factory manual. I’ve been using what o can find online which hasn’t been a ton. Again, thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Thanks Paul! Pardon my absolute Complete lack of knowledge about this. But assuming the rectifier was bad, if I disconnected power to the rectifier could I still be getting a blown fuse?

Finally got into it. The power wires coming out of the fuses going to the up and down solenoids are corroded and one is about split in two. I’m going to repair as much of those wires as possible and replace both solenoids while I’m in there. I’m hoping this is the fix

Back