Logo

Evinrude Fisherman1969 model 6902M Flywheel

FinJukka

Hi everyone

I have problem with the flywheel. It is stuck:mad:. I have hammer it little bit with rubber hammer and I also have use puller but it wont go anywhere. Now I have left the puller on the end of the camshaft so there is extension. I also spray WD40 on the end of the camshaft. Will it pop itself? What I do next?

I'm impressed that you made it yourself. Good job. It's important that you use high strength screws, no less than Grade-5, Grade-8 is better. Tighten it as tight as you dare, and if it still doesn't pop off, lift upward on the flywheel and give the center bolt a rap with a hammer to shock it loose.

I'm impressed that you made it yourself. Good job. It's important that you use high strength screws, no less than Grade-5, Grade-8 is better. Tighten it as tight as you dare, and if it still doesn't pop off, lift upward on the flywheel and give the center bolt a rap with a hammer to shock it loose.
Okey, I will try it. I have ISO 8.8 strengt bolts so they are not the best bolts. ISO 8.8 should be close grade 5 bolt.

On my 1958 Evinrude Fisherman I used an air impact hammer tool on the bolt on the puller and didn't have to tie my flywheel down. Popped right off.

The bolts I used weren't high strength. They were just some I found in my box of junk.

Z4JLIfy.jpg

Last edited:
It is a tapered shaft. I think you know what that means. You sound like you know what you are doing. What is your location?

Back