Logo

Discontinued automatic oiler 1988 40 horse Evinrude

JamesRo

My automatic oiler was previously disconnected from underneath the fuel line and the power cords. I suppose it would be okay to remove the whole unit from the motor? What would you suggest?

The automatic oiler is a combination fuel and oil pump.----It mixes the 2 together.-----Why do you say it is discontinued ?----There is an alternate non mixing pump available and much cheaper.

Previous owners disconnected it. I'm mixing oil in the gas. I'm not going to take it out because I see the gas line goes to it.

It seems to run good wide open except when I take my hand off the throttle it backs off a little bit. When I push the throttle back down wide open, instead of a surge it bogs for a split second then maintains speed. It will run good, then suddenly won't start. It acts like it's flooded or not getting enough gas because it won't crank right up. I have to press in the key or even raise the idle lever to get start again but other times it cranks right up. It had the gray collapsing fuel line but replaced with fuel injection line.

That makes a lot more sense.----Trouble shooting needs to be done.---Guessing and throwing parts at a motor gets expensive.

It seems to run good wide open except when I take my hand off the throttle it backs off a little bit. When I push the throttle back down wide open, instead of a surge it bogs for a split second then maintains speed. It will run good, then suddenly it acts like it's flooded or not getting enough gas because it won't crank right up. I have to press in the key or even raise the idle lever to get start again but other times it cranks right up. It had the gray collapsing fuel line but replaced with fuel injection.

Back