Logo

Trim and Tilt Assembly

jussag

Hi all

I have bought all of my parts to replace my old ones, I have placed all the collars on the trim & tilt as well drove the pin in all the way except when I get to the end. When I get to the end it pushes out the last collar and I then unable to place it back on or even tap it on with the hammer. is there a special way to do this? I have looked on the net and tried to see anything on this forum but ended up with no luck. All of the collars and pin has been lubricated so there is no friction when driving it in. I have tried leaving the top pin out so I can move the trim & tilt with 1 hand as well tried to drive the pin from both sides to see that would help (Sometimes this works on cars). Sorry I am unable to place a photo as it is not allowing me but any help will be great.

So I have found out how to upload photos :) now here are some photos to show you guys what I was talking about from my previous post about my trim and tilt.

IMG_1.jpg
IMG_2.jpg
This last photo just shows the outboard credentials lol
IMG_3.jpg

Looks like your brackets are off center a hair or two.I would loosen the nuts on one of the brackets a little so as it can slide up or down to align the bottom holes

Looks like your brackets are off center a hair or two.I would loosen the nuts on one of the brackets a little so as it can slide up or down to align the bottom holes
Thanks heaps for that I undone the bracket bolts and what do you know it worked :).
Again thanks for the help

Back