Logo

DT25C Power Issues

ewhaughey1

I have a DT25C. Two summers ago, this unit ran fine. Last summer, I only used it once and noticed it had no power after half throttle. I have had it out 5 times this year and the problems persist. This summer I have had the carbs gone through, spark plugs changed, fuel pump changed, fuel filter changed, got a new prop.... and still, no power over half throttle. I backed it into the water and ran it at full throttle and pulled the plug wires off one at a time. By doing that, I found that the bottom cylinder (out of three cylinders) was the problem. I also noticed fuel in the bottom of the motor compartment as if it was leaking out of the inlet. This took me down another rabbit hole, and thought maybe it was the reeds. Last night I took it apart to change reeds, but they honestly don't look bad. I changed them anyway. While I had it in the shop, I ran a compression test on it and found that I had 90 PSI on all three cylinders (I did a cold compression test). Oddly, while I was taking the spark plugs out to do my compression test, I noticed the bottom park plug looked fairly new compared to the top two. As if there wasn't any spark? I did a resistance test on the coil pack, and it appears to ohm the same as the other two (2.47 kOhms). Any idea where to go from here?

Back