Logo

70hp elcim stator question?

I have replaced all fuel lines and fuel pump all spark plugs. Motor just turns over does not fire at all. Though there is spark on the plugs if you leave connected. 2 cylinders at 120 compression one at 90

One cylinder at 90 PSI is a concern.----Just mere pennies for a new head gasket.------Not much point in doing anything else than looking at that issue !!!

You think the boat would not start from that? I don't wanna tear all that apart if I can't ebbed find the reason why the boat won't start.

Yes it will start !----But that is not the point here.------A blown head gasket could let water into the engine and that could destroy the engine.-----If it is a scored damaged piston the motor will destroy itself !!----Perhaps your " fine machinery " knowledge is limited or this is your first outboard motor , I don't know.----Good luck with it !

Lol they are both limited and first motor. I was told the low compression could be from it being flooded? The boat is not in water right now I can change the head gasket anytime.

Who told you that low compression could be from being flooded ?-----Just absolute nonsense.----Take the cylinder head off now for inspection of the low cylinder.-----Compare it to the other 2 cylinders.----You may not need to buy a stator at this time.

Back