Logo

8hp Identification

Olias

Hello one and all. Pretty much brand new to this forum. I'm sure you all are sick and tired of all the please help me identify this motor questions, but yes ... I have that same question. Sorry in advance. Okay ... another one of those situations where the ID tag has come off of the transom mount. The only number I have to go buy at this point is on the freeze or squelch plug or whatever it's called. It is: 0G354252. I have looked at many reference charts and have found plenty of serial#'s starting with 0G11... and numbers higher than 0G3... but cannot find my number anywhere inbetween those. Sorry for the long post but hoping someone may be able to help. Any help would be appreciated and my thanks to you in advance.

I understand that sometimes pics can help in this situation so I will attempt to do that. Hmmm...can't seem to figure out how to do this yet. Sorry

Happy you posted this serial number from the welch plug as it helped find your engine info.... The number on the plug reads 0G354262 though you had it as 0G354252

That one number off had made the difference of the engine coming up as an 25-HP or your 8-HP....Both were 1996 though.

0G354262 belongs to a 1996 MERCURY 8 MH Model Number 1008201SD

Here's your parts catalog for your 8-HP engine,
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/sn/0G354262

Thank you SO much! I'm kind of an old fart so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that these old eyes missed that. LOL What a difference one digit can make! Finally I can order some parts! Thanks again friend, it's VERY much appreciated.

Back