Logo

4.3L mpi limited to 2800 RPM

Old man laker

My ‘05 4.3 mpi s.n. 0W064797 won’t rev over 2800 rpm. Last week I started to get 2 beeps every minute ( which I had last year and local mariner said it was a bad lube tank sensor and that they replaced) BTW this never limited my RPM last year. So went it started ( about 40 seconds after starting the engine) first thing I checked was lube level which was right at top mark. I decided to stay at the dock until the engine was at full temp (170) oil pressure was 45-50 psi temp good volts good. Decided to go out. Boat was running perfect for about 15 minutes until I slowed down for some waves than it won’t rev past 2800. Stopped to check out engine was not over heating lube level was good. A little history impeller,cap,rotor,wires,plugs,oil and filter,fuel filter/separator new around 20 hours ago. I know the simple solution would be a scan but I can’t find anyone who can get me in before mid August. This week I have replaced the fuel filter/separator checked connections to the sea pressure and temp sensors and bypassed the oil pressure switch ( I think it was the oil pressure switch). The manual I downloaded states the Guardian system only checks oil pressure, sea water pressure, Water temp and drive lube level. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back