Logo

Flywheel cover extraction from Transom shield Volvo Penta

john21

[FONT=&quot]Can anyone help with a bit of advice. I have removed the engines from my boat (tamd 41b) and the drives (290 dp) from the transom shield. I did this by removing the bolts from around the flywheel cover and pulling the engines off the splines. Since found out that its not the best way of doing it. I am now left with the flywheel covers attached to the transom shields and pretty much stuck fast. I have removed the tabbed bolts from the ring in the transom shield. As yet I haven't removed the ring though. My next task is to push the bell housing forward out of the transom shield. I believe that there is a threaded hole at 12 oclock and 6 oclock which can be used to press out the flywheel cover. Does anyone have any experience of removing the flywheel cover in this way or is it a crow bar and hammer job.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many thanks in advance[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]John[/FONT]

Made the same mistake. There is a expensive seal you probably should replace. I did not want to take the risk of redoing anything. Removal was not difficult but cant remember the specifics just that it has to be removed and also rebuilt. Good luck.

Attachments

• IO_ground.JPG
    IO_ground.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IO_ground2.JPG
    IO_ground2.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 58
Back