Logo

DP-C1 trim cylinder removal

branch92

well now that I have gotten past my first battle of extracting the PDS shaft im on to the next one.....

currently I have the gearbox off the top of the out drive and that is as far as I am tore down.. im looking for some procedures to be able to pull the trim cylinders off of the boat.. I currently have one leaking cause im a dummy and left my out drive up over the winter... so what will I need to remove to get them out and in what order am I removing stuff.

any help is much appreciated.

DP-C1 1.95, serial number 3868002, bottom serial number on tag is 3102154005.

well now that I have gotten past my first battle of extracting the PDS shaft im on to the next one.....

currently I have the gearbox off the top of the out drive and that is as far as I am tore down..
im looking for some procedures to be able to pull the trim cylinders off of the boat.. I currently have one leaking cause im a dummy and left my out drive up over the winter... so what will I need to remove to get them out and in what order am I removing stuff.

any help is much appreciated.

DP-C1 1.95, serial number 3868002, bottom serial number on tag is 3102154005.

The cylinder base pins are removed hydraulically with grease gun pressure.

See your OEM work shop or service manual for the procedure.

I do not have a manual... any chance you could point me in a direction of where to purchase said manual ?

edit.....

I have found an online manual. and from my understanding... i will need to loosen / pull out the clamp bolts, (im guessing heat will be in order) and drive the two pins out ? and remove a couple hose clamps and the trim cylinder pins... then the drive will come off allowing access to the trim cylinders rear pins

Last edited:
edit.....

I have found an online manual. and from my understanding... i will need to loosen / pull out the clamp bolts, (im guessing heat will be in order)
Yes.... heat is your friend!

and drive the two pins out ?
and remove a couple hose clamps and the trim cylinder pins... then the drive will come off allowing access to the trim cylinders rear pins

It sounds like you are describing suspension fork hinge pin removal.
If so, be very careful. These pins are soft, and will expand if you drive against them with a steel punch.
If they were to expand, you will play HELL trying to remove them!

Use heat to expand the aluminum pin bosses, and use a brass punch ONLY.

Remove the transmission first.
Then remove the Intermediate housing and lower gear unit as one assembly.
Or, also remove the lower gear unit prior to removing the Intermediate housing..... your call on that!

Watch for the shims..... they must go back as they were.

Got the rest of the drive removed ! The pivot pins came out with ease I was able to put a bolt through them and a nut on the back side and yank them out with a small slide hammer. Now I can access the trim cylinders to rebuild them. Any tips for rebuilding them in place ?

533ECE0C-85B4-4278-BA36-32854EB0BE85.jpeg

Back