Logo

flushing bravo gen V stern drive

When I winterized last year i used a west marine rectangular flushing muffs. i was able towinterize but this spring the water would not run through and exit the prop. ( I suspected the impeller and replaced it). but i think the muffs i have area [=too msll and i may be pulling air. I nowe see thgat they make flushing kits that go through the gear case. i see two different OEM part numbers on line 44357T-2 and 44357Q2.

1. Can someone tell me the best flushing kit for a 92 7.4 Bravo Gen V

Also. I have seen in two differant places recomending flush running with the drive up and with the down.

2. Should i run it with drive up or down (I am on stands)?

3. Also, outboards i have had have a visual stream coming down so you know if the water is circulating. I thought the Bravo only had flow out trough the prop but one video i saw says there is an indicator flow up higher near the gimbal? Is his true?

thank for any help.

Soooo, what changed between the time when you winterized it (I assume that you ran antifreeze through it until it came out the prop) and now (halfway through summer) when it appears that it is clogged up? Have you looked to see if animals have been at work somewhere (seriously)

Buy the Quicksilver flush kit, install it and be done.

The Bravo pump has a hard time pulling water from a garden hose. You need two people, one to start and race the engine while the other holds the muffs tight on the lower until the pump picks up the water. The quicksilver flush muffs work better.

Soooo, what changed between the time when you winterized it (I assume that you ran antifreeze through it until it came out the prop) and now (halfway through summer) when it appears that it is clogged up? Have you looked to see if animals have been at work somewhere (seriously)
No animals , all hoses seem fine. Only thing that might have ahanged is that i may have winterized (with antifreze) with drive part way or even all the way up. and this spring with it down. That is why i asked up or down. I've seen two places that say difinitively both ways.

Buy the Quicksilver flush kit, install it and be done.

The Bravo pump has a hard time pulling water from a garden hose. You need two people, one to start and race the engine while the other holds the muffs tight on the lower until the pump picks up the water. The quicksilver flush muffs work better.
I plan to but i've seen two differant part numbers both with the same number but one ending in T2 and the other Q2

Back