Logo

2001 F80 4 Stroke - Carb 1 / 3 Prime Starter

LuisN

Hi there! First time boater, but not the 1st time cleaning / rebuilding carbs.

The engine Compression is great, but it runs like dog poo. So first thing is rebuild carbs and there are a loooot of things that were not well installed or just broke w/ time.

1. Prime Starter(s) on carbs 1 / 3 I want to confirm, can they be rebuilt? from my research no
2. Since we are in hot weather FLORIDA all the time there really is no need. they were both not working ( no movement if applying power to them) and while cleaning looks like the (wax?) inside over time spewed out
3. on a working Prime Start unit, its in the UP position NOT down. so essentially its a choke which pushes more (or the "right" amount) of gas in for cold start. (again we are in florida , miami) . Q here is, since the 2 are not working and fully DOWN (extruding) which closes the whole, can I simply put them both in the UP position for now? Hopefully Q 1 is a yes? I think for the amount of $ for those its not worth it my .2$

Also, does anyone have a good source to get orings / parts for these carbs? seem's like everywhere its 6 week back order!? I'd def like to be in the water =)

Back