Logo

Steering actuator leak.

Gasngo

Im helping my son out and trying to fix the actuator leak. It appears to be common to leak at the smooth shaft seal. Its a early version with the freeze plug style cap on the end verse the spin on the requires a special tool and homemade tool with 4 pins sticking out. I have taken it all apart and from what I see theres no groove for the seal to sit into like you see on the newer version actuator. I see all kind of info about folding it with string then installing it. I dont see that here. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ok Im sure you still need more info I been away from the house. I know this 1998 Glastron with a 4.3 V6 and a SX drive. I assume Ill find more info in hte engine Comp. its been raining off and on so as soon as I can uncover Ill see what I can do. The part# on the cap is 3858128. As I mentioned this cap has a snap ring holding it in verses the 386 style that requires a spanner of some sort.

Ok heres a pic of what I got. I found this online but its exactly what I have. It would seem to me that the seal is held in by the bushing and snap ring. I have found bits of info and can read the numbers on the seal. 16-23-5

Attachments

• Actuator.jpg
    Actuator.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Ok heres a pic of what I got. I found this online but its exactly what I have. It would seem to me that the seal is held in by the bushing and snap ring. I have found bits of info and can read the numbers on the seal. 16-23-5
Did this seal fix your problem

Back